Wednesday 1 February 2012

Facial Modelling

After gaining an understanding of how 3D head models are structuredand made we began to create our first head using 2 templates as support. First we began by creating a cyclinder around the eye, and deleting all of it except for a small ring left behind from one of the ends. We then shift-cliked with the scale tool to extrude outwards from the edge loop around the eye, where we would then rearrange the indexes using both templates as guides and then extruding again.

The process was a little tricky at the start as you had to constantly look back to your 2 templates but I quickly got the hang of it and I found it quite enjoyable and extremely rewarding.





 Overall I am very happy with my head as it does look like a head and I thought I did very well for a first attempt. Although the nose was a little difficult and the underside of the nose and nostrils could have been created a but tidier, but still, I thought it went very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment